So disappointed, yet happy, thrilled even, all of the feelings.
I came into the weekend expecting it to be like the last one - a fun, doable challenge. It was not that at all.
New course designer - completely different challenges. So many more larger obstacles.
But let's start at the beginning. Dressage.
My turn to go--spooked at storage trailer beside ring. Spooked entire way along bush beside one side of ring. Prayed judge would not honk her horn for me to go as I was walking past her car. Finally time to head in.
Entry Test #1:
1. A enter working trot. Proceed down centre line without halting. Track right.
What really happened: We entered working trot, wiggled left. wiggled right. Four-leg-stop-spook-snort at a patch of dirt just past X. Carried on, tracked right.
2. B circle right 20m diameter working trot.
Nope. Forgot to circle. Carried on at trot down to A. Judge honked horn. I thought I was eliminated and started to leave. Judge called me back and told me my mistake. Started over from centre line near X at working trot. This time circled at B and it was decent.
3. Between F and A develop working canter.
Or not if you don't want to Savvy. Oh, three strides of canter? Thanks so much for participating pony.
4. A circle right 20 m diameter working canter.
Oh right, canter. Let's try again. A few more strides and at least the right lead. Good pony. Now where on earth were we supposed to go next...?
5. Between K and E develop working trot.
Already there bitches. We are so on point.
6. C medium walk.
*kick,kick,kick* "F*$&#ing keep walking PONY!!" - side eye to see if judge's window is rolled down...oh, thank god it is up. <Savvy pins ears at me for daring to ask her to keep walking>
7. MXK change rein free walk on a long rein. Between K and A medium walk.
March pony! We are going to get across this box today. *so many more swear words...*
8. A working trot.
Doing the trot. No smiles, just want it to be over. Savvy half trying, half looking for escape routes.
9. B circle left 20 m diameter working trot.
Done and done.
10. Between M and C develop working canter left lead.
Running in to canter, got it!
11. C circle 20 m working canter.
Keep going, keep going! <Savvy humps back and pins her ears> please don't buck, I will give you carrots if you just friggen canter, good girl! oh crap...trotting.
12. Between H and E develop working trot.
Ya, we know.
13. A down centre line. X Halt salute.
Thank god it is over.
The judge was SO generous. (I love you judge, thank you for being so kind, xoxo).
|She never even mentions my swearing <3|