Monday 19 June 2017

Bird's Hill June Derby


 “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity,

Much beer was had this weekend. I giggled up banks and face-planted on manes; sailed over logs and stared down at a dead-stop at large coops.


The fine movements of dressage were peppered oh-so-generously with curse words as I pony-club kicked and held on for spooks.

There were moments of pure courage as we galloped our course, and just as many moments of cowardice as I steered wonder pony around large benches without even attempting them.

I learnt I am not so graceful coming down banks, or hanging on for those dead-stop to deer leap-style jumps, but I can kick on and try again, and enjoy a hard day because of great friends to share it with.


So much to learn, experience to gain, alcohol to purchase.

We will keep showing up, taking the leap, holding on for the stop, and smiling through the finish line because of that feeling out on course. It is irreplaceable.

7 comments:

  1. that feeling tho <3

    i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be nearly as good or sweet a feeling if it weren't for all those other.... moments. and the alcohol. the alcohol definitely improves the feeling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! And numbs the emotional/physical pain when your face smashes into your horse on the backside of a jump...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Incredibly challenging course this time out and have a lot of new things to work on! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm not going to lie, this was a tough day but I can't 'not' do this--it's all I have ever wanted. :D

      Delete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete